Food trends come and go.
Yesterday’s kale may be tomorrow’s radish leaves. However, what never changes is GreenLeaf’s commitment to providing the best products and services to the culinary community of which we are an integral part.
Who is GreenLeaf?
We are the leading food distributor in the Bay Area for over 40 years – delivering produce, dairy, cheese and specialty items to chefs in the Bay Area and Northern California. We are committed to sourcing locally grown, seasonal items of the highest quality, supporting sustainable agriculture, providing best-in-class service and promoting family farms.
GreenLeaf recognizes that it is our employees that make the difference. They are the “roots that endure” so that we can be “the trusted connection between premium California growers and the exceptional Chefs of the Bay Area”. Team members that succeed within the GreenLeaf culture strive to be: Creative Problem Solvers, a Trusted Source, a Community Partner and a Local Leader with a profound love and understanding of the Bay Area. If you apply the same care and dedication to your job as you do other passions in your life, GreenLeaf is interested in YOU; people who will put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
SUMMARY:The Customer Service Department is responsible for providing excellent service for our customers. On a daily basis, the customer service department answers questions and products and services, and processes orders via phone, email and online. In addition, the department resolves customers’ issues with a positive outcome and on a timely basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide the highest level of service to our customers. Ensure that customers receive answers to their questions in a timely manner and that all issues result in positive resolution and outcome.
• Accurately receive, process and invoice customer orders in a timely manner.
• Provide detailed product information to customers, which will support them buying the right product to fit their needs.
• During live calls, engage the customer using suggestive selling with the goal of increasing the order size.
• Maintain productivity, accuracy and team performance metrics.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum one year experience in a high volume customer service department environment.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, metrics-driven environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain a team atmosphere.
• Excellent customer focus and customer service skills.
• Ability to anticipate problems before they arise.
• Excellent decision making and problem solving skills.
• Ability to influence others, even when the position does not have direct authority.
• Mental and emotional ability to work effectively in a busy and stressful environment, frequently under the demand of heavy time constraints.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers.
-Ability to provided feedback -Attention to detail
-Ability to think and act independently -Ability to see the big picture
-Embraces change -Takes initiative
-Use of good judgment -Active listening
-Flexible -High integrity and ethics
-Team oriented -Ability to develop others
-Business Process Improvement -Strong follow up skills
-Self motivated -Root Cause Analysis
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINERY/TOOLS: Fax machine, copier, personal computer, telephone, long distance radio, Microsoft Word/Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of day. Estimate 30% of time is spent on feet and 70% sitting at desk.
2. Have occasional need to perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, climb stairs, push or pull, reach above shoulders.
3. Have occasional need to perform standing and walking activities.
4. Constant need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, finger dexterity.
5. Lifting/carrying over 50 pounds occasionally, and less than 30 pounds frequently.
6. Vision requirements: constant need to complete forms, read reports, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail and clearly beyond arms’ reach.
7. Hearing requirements: constant need to communicate over telephone and in person.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The temperature level varies between 30 and 40 degrees when working inside coolers.
Shift: Variable depending on business needs. This is a full time positon.
We offer a great total compensation package, competitive wages and bonus incentive program. Our generous benefit offering includes, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement, 7 holidays and 3 weeks of personal time off plan, life insurance and long term disability. Join our GreenLeaf family today by applying NOW! In person:
Monday – Friday 9a.m. – 4p.m. email@example.com Via Fax: (415) 647-2994.