Report to: President
Location: South San Francisco
Food trends come and go.
Yesterday’s kale may be tomorrow’s radish leaves. However, what never changes is GreenLeaf’s commitment to providing the best products and services to the culinary community of which we are an integral part.
Who is GreenLeaf?
We are the leading food distributor in the Bay Area for over 40 years – delivering produce, dairy, cheese and specialty items to chefs in the Bay Area and Northern California. We are committed to sourcing locally grown, seasonal items of the highest quality, supporting sustainable agriculture, providing best-in-class service and promoting family farms.
GreenLeaf recognizes that it is our employees that make the difference. They are the “roots that endure” so that we can be “the trusted connection between premium California growers and the exceptional Chefs of the Bay Area”. Team members that succeed within the GreenLeaf culture strive to be: Creative Problem Solvers, a Trusted Source, a Community Partner and a Local Leader with a profound love and understanding of the Bay Area. If you apply the same care and dedication to your job as you do other passions in your life, GreenLeaf is interested in YOU; people who will put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
Position Summary: Greenleaf’s Director of Human Resources serves as the leader of the people initiatives while providing advisory support for the President of the company. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for ensuring the day to day HR functions are executed thoughtfully and with attention to detail. While doing so, the HRD supports the cross collaboration of department leaders to drive the business to successful growth.
• Strategy Thinking & Planning – Strong analytical and synthesis skills; able to extract key themes from disparate data points to develop a compelling story. Can weigh multiple aspects and impacts of an organizational issue/ opportunity and pull them together into a coherent and comprehensive strategy and plan
• Influence- Strong observation & influencing skills to provide leaders with candid observations; Able to build trusting partnerships and influence leaders at all levels to clearly understand their roles, business impacts & needs
• Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Business Acumen – Knows how businesses work, knowledgeable in current and future policies; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace; uses business acumen to build credibility
• Organizational Agility – Knowledgeable about how organizations work; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network; can maneuver, and guide others, through complex situations effectively and quietly
• Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
• Comfort around Higher Management – Proven ability to interact and influence senior leaders. Can deal comfortably with more senior manager; can present to more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness; understands how senior managers think and work; can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs
• Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; and is able to build effective partnerships; can diffuse high-tension situations quietly and comfortably
• Customer Focus – Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; uses customer information for improvements; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
• Process Management- Can see opportunities for synergy and integration; good at figuring out the processes to get things done
• Strong Diagnostic & Decision Quality skills-Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis (quantitative and qualitative), wisdom, experience and judgment. Demonstrates sound judgment skills – ability to assess risk and take appropriate action; able to manage competing priorities
• Composure-Is cool under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress and is not knocked off balance by the unexpected
• Integrity & Trust – is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
• Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; practices what he/she preaches
• Technical/ Functional Skills- Demonstrated knowledge of HR practices
We offer a great total compensation package, competitive wages and bonus incentive program. Our generous benefit offering includes, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement, 7 holidays, Four weeks of personal time off plan, life insurance and long term disability.
Join our GreenLeaf family today by applying at email@example.com
GreenLeaf is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer