REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
SUMMARY: Established in 1973, Greenleaf is the Bay Area's leading produce and specialty food distributor, serving over 1000 of the greater SF Bay Area's finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and retailers. GreenLeaf partners with our customers to provide products to fill their plates and solutions for their business objectives.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Outside Sales Representative South Bay, specifically Monterey, Big Sur, Santa Cruz and more is responsible for coordinating and executing the sales within their territory with the goal of increasing market share and providing Account Management and sales support in their territory. The Sales Representative sells products for distribution to restaurants and caterers, hotels and retail, establishments or individuals at places of business with key performance indicators that result in the successful execution of their sales goals.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to build market share of Greenleaf products within a territory through selling into various market segments. The Sales Representative will deliver impeccable service to new and existing customers through territory and account management, developing new sales opportunities, and drive overall sales within a given region. The Sales Representative is responsible for generating leads and providing accurate, up to date forecasting of territory sales. The Sales Representative will work with Operations and Purchasing to conducting pricing and competitive analysis, and ensuring customer compliance. This will be accomplished through account management presentations and solution selling, which leads to closed sales to target customers within the territory. This position acts as a direct voice to our customers.
Key Performance Indicators The following competencies are the focus of the Outside Sales Representative performance:
• New Business: Responsible for growing territory by 1 million of new business.
• Existing Business Retention: Working with the Account Management team, increase existing business sales by 20% and increase retention by 10%.
• Profitability: Through cross departmental collaboration, execute sales strategies through profitability analysis and identify levers to create a win-win for customers and Greenleaf.
• Inventory Knowledge: Quickly learns products, service levels and quality standards and 600+ product items to support solution selling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on food trends in the Bay Area.
• Maintains assigned Accounts and generates new sales within those Accounts.
• Perform customer needs analysis, develop solutions, discuss product offerings, create proposals, and negotiate with customers.
• Sell company authorized products in required volumes to meet or exceed sales goals.
• Participate in product and sales related training.
• Keep current on product knowledge and selling process.
• Produce accurate and timely forecasts as required by management.
• Attend Territory events to build relationships within the Bay Area food scene.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of 3 years sales experience in produce or other food products in the Food Service or retail market place.
• Proven track record of generating leads, closing business and meeting challenging objectives consistently.
• Creative and results oriented person.
• Valid California Drivers License
• Driving record must meet company standards
Qualified candidates apply by sending a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and interest in the position. Greenleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
This position is paid a salary and bonus based off of quarterly sales goals. In addition, employees received a total compensation package of three weeks paid time off, medical, dental, vision and 401K benefits.
The company is located in Brisbane, CA. This position works in the South Bay, specifically Monterey, Big Sur, Santa Cruz and more serving our customers and is required to come into the office one day a week for sales meetings.