Greenleaf is a growing produce and specialty food distributor serving over 1000 of the greater SF Bay Area’s finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and large corporate catering facilities. With our new location in Brisbane, CA, and state of the art facilities we are looking to expand and continue to grow throughout California. Greenleaf has been a staple in the Bay Area community for over 40 years and has a renowned reputation for taking outstanding care of our growers, customers, and employees.
Our Mission is simple. We strive to be the trusted connection between premium California Growers and the exceptional Chefs of the Bay Area.
We believe in having a passion for our products and people, we drive to deliver excellence in everything we do.
The kitting assembler is responsible for putting together recipes in a bag following a set of blueprints or schematics. The assembler is also responsible for verifying correct quantities and ensuring the quality of components going into the bag meet Food Safety Standards and our GMP program.
- Read recipes and place ingredients in bags
- Keep work area constantly clean and organized
- Clean the work area at the end of the shift and account for all damaged products.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Is able to focus and work quickly
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Can multi-task
- Good time management
- Ability to work well with others and in a team environment
- Ability to work in a cold environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to deal with problems and effectively present information to a small group.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate basic figures and amounts.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINERY/TOOLS: Paper and box receptacles. Use of an electric pallet jack and forklift if needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and walk alternatively depending on specific needs of day. Estimate 90% of time is spent on feet and 10% sitting (break time).
- Regularly perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, climb stairs, push or pull, reach above shoulders.
- Regularly stand and walk
- Lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds regularly. Lifting/carrying less than 30 pounds frequently.
- Vision requirements: Frequent need to see small detail. Frequent need to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to communicate in person.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The temperature level varies between 30 and 40 degrees when working inside coolers. This work will be performed in the coolers.