Greenleaf is a growing produce and specialty food distributor serving over 1000 of the greater SF Bay Area’s finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and large corporate catering facilities. With our new location in Brisbane, CA, and state of the art facilities we are looking to expand and continue to grow throughout California. Greenleaf has been a staple in the Bay Area community for over 40 years and has a renowned reputation for taking outstanding care of our growers, customers, and employees.
Our Mission is simple. We strive to be the trusted connection between premium California Growers and the exceptional Chefs of the Bay Area.
We believe in having a passion for our products and people, we drive to deliver excellence in everything we do.
The 3PL Lead is responsible for supervising the production assemblers with the goal of ensuring excellent performance in the assembly line. Works with the Operations Manager to set tactical focus and link and engage employees to the successful execution of the business plan.
- Supervise and coordinate the bag assembly (kitting) daily in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity and accuracy. Verify required recipes for correct quantities and ensuring the quality of the components going into the bags meet Food Safety Standards and our GMP program. Download all the information required by our customer to the Google drive for verification approval. Set up the production numbers on a daily basis and maintain productivity levels to what is expected. Manage and post the weekly schedule for the associates.
- Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting root cause analysis of inventory errors. Ensure that warehouse staff is trained in proper inventory accountability.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety. Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA, MSDS and BRC standards.
- Maintain a high productivity rate and continuously improve the company’s quality and service expected by our customer. Achieve performance objectives in the areas of food safety, personal safety, product quality, customer service, productivity, inventory control, and spoilage.
- Ensure that Assemblers are trained in accordance with work instructions and perform on the spot corrections for any methods being improperly followed. Counsel and retrain assemblers based on productivity and accuracy feedback (daily performance data from the Tracker).
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Operations, Distribution and/or Food Packaging
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent employee contact skills (interventions and retraining)
- Excellent planning and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to solve problems and resolve any conflicts that arise
- Ability to build teams and develop subordinates
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma (minimum), 2 years Operations, Distribution and/or Food Packaging.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, staff, and the public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to analyze data, summarize and present data using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Key Performance Measures:
- On Time Completion of Kitting
- Operations Productivity
- Operations Accuracy
- Cycle Count Accuracy
- Ability to develop subordinates
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think and act independently
- Ability to see the big picture
- Business process improvement
- Ability to give EE feedback
- Takes initiative
- Use of good judgment
- Active listening
- Ability to train subordinates
- Values diversity
- High integrity and ethics
- Team oriented
- Ability to develop others
- Ability to delegate
- Inventory Control
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Understanding 2nd and 3rd order effects of implementing decisions and ability to determine cause and effect relationships when events are separated by time and space.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINERY/TOOLS: Fax machine, copier, telephone, calculator, Microsoft Word/Excel, and other software as required. Ability to operate forklift, electric pallet jack, walkie pallet jack and hand cart.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of day. Estimate 90% of time is spent on feet and 10% sitting at desk.
- Have occasional need to perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, climb stairs, push, or pull, reach above shoulders.
- Have occasional need to perform standing and walking activities.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, finger dexterity.
- Lifting/carrying over 50 pounds occasionally. Lifting/carrying less than 30 pounds frequently.
- Vision requirements: constant need to complete forms, read reports, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail. Frequent need to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to communicate over telephone and in person.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.