GreenLeaf, the leading produce and specialty food distributor serving over 1000 of the greater San Francisco Bay Area’s finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and corporations, is seeking its next Inside Sales Representative. This position is a great opportunity for a food industry professional who is ready to advance their career and make a significant impact in the local food community.
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is primarily responsible for direct order entry, and also for developing the account sales within their assignment by building relationships. He or she will achieve their goals by increasing market share in existing accounts and collaborating with the Outside Sales Representative to acquire and onboard new accounts. The ISR must have excellent communication skills, and be able to present Greenleaf’s products to chefs/buyers with the goal of closing each business opportunity. The ideal candidate should have strong food and restaurant industry knowledge, be self-motived and highly driven to succeed. If you enjoy magworking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and thrive on interacting with a broad range of people then this may be the perfect job for you.
- Phone and email sales — The position requires constant communication with customers, building and maintaining relationships, and utilizing those relationships to grow sales. Must be willing to meet with customers in person as needed.
- Order entry – Must be able to enter live call and email orders efficiently and accurately
- Anticipate product and service issues before they arise; inform customers about product shortages and other service issues; provide substitute options and increase order size via suggestive selling
- Communicate professionally and effectively with customers and fellow employees
- Collaborate with internal departments: Customer Service, Operations, Delivery, and Buying to ensure that customers receive optimal service
- Existing account development: Must be able to anticipate and/or solve problems as they arise, and at the same time build business in existing accounts by making compelling product presentations and selling on value
- Support the sales department with additional projects or tasks as needed. This requires the ability to manage long-term projects with specific processes, milestone and goals.
- Minimum of 2 years proven success in a sales or customer service role
- Restaurant or food industry experience preferred
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, flexible environment; be able to proactively influence a chef’s buying behavior, and also quickly react to customer needs
- Possess above-average food product knowledge, especially produce, cheese, and specialty foods
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with purchasers: Chefs, managers and business owners
- Restaurant industry networking is preferred to build/maintain relationships with a variety of business stakeholders, and utilize those relationships to grow sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving; must be able to overcome challenging situations by finding the win-win solution
- Project management; manage short and longer-term projects with targeted objectives, milestones and goals
- Strong negotiation skills
- Comfort and proficiency in business applications (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, CRM)
Shift: This is a full time position.
We offer a great total compensation package, competitive wages and bonus incentive program. Our generous benefit offering includes, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement, life insurance, long-term disability, paid holidays and personal time off. Join our GreenLeaf family today by applying now: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or in person Monday – Friday 9a.m. – 4p.m.