Job Category: Accounting
Reports to: Credit Manager
Location: Brisbane, CA
GreenLeaf, Bay Area’s leading produce and specialty food distributor serving over 1000 of the greater SF Bay Area’s finest restaurants, hotels, caterers, and corporations. We are looking for a full time Accounting Assistant position to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our accounting team. The ideal candidate should have the following:
- – A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in accounts receivable and accounts payable preferably in the Food & Beverage industry is a plus but not required.
- – Desire and willing to expand their role within the department as demands change.
- – Good written and verbal communication skills.
- – Good collaboration and teamwork skills.
- – Basic to intermediate computer knowledge.
- – Ability to quickly resolve issues as they arise.
- – Capability to maintain positive attitude while working under time pressure.
- – Naturally neat, punctual, and detailed.
- – A High School diploma or GED certification is required. *Associate degree in business administration, accounting or another relevant field is a plus but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- – Responsible for invoices & credits verification, transferring, and posting to Accounts Receivable.
- – Processing checks (cod, mail) & deposit them remotely via a check scanner to the bank (i.e., Bank of America, Union Bank).
- – Processing ach payments (based on terms or by request) via Union Bank website portal and credit card payments (based on terms or by request) via TrustCommerce Vault merchant terminal.
- – Responsible for sending out payment receipt confirmations from credit card & ach payment transactions to the customers via email, fax, or snail mail.
- – Be a back-up to Accounts Payable (trade/non-trade) as relevant during time off.
- – Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- – Full-time Monday – Friday 8AM – 4:30PM
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brisbane, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location