CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Reports to: Inside Sales Supervisor
Department: Inside Sales
Greenleaf is a growing produce and specialty food distributor serving over 1000 of the greater SF Bay Area’s finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and large corporate catering facilities. With our new location in Brisbane, CA, and state of the art facilities we are looking to expand and continue to grow throughout California. Greenleaf has been a staple in the Bay Area community for over 40 years and has a renowned reputation for taking outstanding care of our growers, customers, and employees.
Our Mission is simple. We strive to be the trusted connection between premium California Growers and the exceptional Chefs of the Bay Area.
We believe in having a passion for our products and people, we drive to deliver excellence in everything we do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- • Provide the highest level of service to Greenleaf’s customers to ensure that their expectations are met
- • Accurately receive and process customers’ orders in a timely manner
- • Learn, retain and provide detailed product information to customers; use suggestive selling to increase order size
- • Ability to anticipate product and service issues before they arise; inform customers about product shortages and other potential service issues; provide product substitute options and increase order size via suggestive selling
- • Maintain productivity, accuracy and team performance metrics as directed by management
- • Other duties may be assigned.
- • Minimum one-year restaurant or food industry experience
- • Minimum one year of experience in customer service or sales
- • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- • Spanish speaker a plus
- • Basic office computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, CRM)
- • High School Diploma
Shift: Variable depending on business needs. Nights and weekends are expected. This is a full time position.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers.
Ability to provide feedback Attention to detail
Ability to think and act independently Ability to see the big picture
Embraces change Takes initiative
Use of good judgment Active listening
Flexible High integrity and ethics
Team oriented Ability to develop others
Business Process Improvement Strong follow up skills
Self- motivated Root Cause Analysis
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINERY/TOOLS: computer, fax, telephone, Outlook, CRM, Microsoft Word/Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of day. Estimate 20% of time is spent on feet and 80% sitting at desk.
2. Have occasional need to perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, reach above shoulders.
3. Have occasional need to perform standing and walking activities.
4. Constant need to perform the following physical activities: writing/typing, grasping/turning, finger dexterity.
5. Vision requirements: constant need to complete forms, read reports, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail. Frequent need to see things clearly beyond arm’s reach.
6. Hearing requirements: constant need to communicate over telephone and in person.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.