Job Category: Sales
Reports to: Director of Sales
Location: San Francisco, CA
GreenLeaf is the San Francisco Bay Area’s leading produce and specialty food distributor serving over 1000 of the greater SF Bay Area’s finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and corporate cafes. We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative to add to our dynamic team. This position is a great opportunity for a food industry professional who is ready to advance their career and make a significant impact in the local food community.
The Outside Sales Representative (OSR) is responsible for managing and developing the account sales within their territory. He or she will achieve their goals by acquiring and onboarding new accounts and by increasing market share in existing accounts. The OSR is responsible for the overall growth and profitability of their territory, and will achieve it by generating new account leads, making compelling product presentations to chefs/buyers, and consistently closing each business opportunity while maintaining the highest standards of excellence. The ideal candidate must have strong food and restaurant industry knowledge, be self-motived and highly driven to succeed. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and thrive on interacting with a broad range of people then this is the opportunity for you.
- New business development: This is the key activity that will drive growth; includes identifying prospective new accounts, making effective presentations with key decision-makers, qualifying and closing new customers.
- Existing account development: Must be able to build business in existing accounts by selling against the competition; make compelling product presentations; use expert product knowledge to sell on value.
- Customer service: In order to meet the needs of chefs who work long hours, you must be comfortable with a varied schedule consisting of cold calling and making face-to-face sales presentations with prospects and customers in their work environment.
- Forecasting/Analysis: Identify competitive business trends and develop a strategic plan to capitalize on them within each account using a range of tactics such as active listening and suggestive selling.
- Communication: Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively with a broad range of customers and fellow employees.
- Collaboration: This position requires a strong collaborator who can manage internal relationships within the company, such as Operations, Purchasing, and Accounting to ensure that customers receive optimal service.
- Minimum of 5 years restaurant or food industry experience
- Possess above-average food product knowledge, especially produce, cheese, and specialty foods
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, flexible environment; be able to proactively influence a customer’s buying behavior; prioritize long term business development projects while reacting to the urgent demands of the day-to-day
- 3+ years in a sales/business development role preferred
- Valid California Drivers License and a clean driving record
- Ability to make effective sales presentations to purchasers: Chefs, managers and business owners
- Restaurant industry networking is required to identify new business opportuities, build and maintain relationships with a variety of business stakeholders, and utilize those relationships to grow sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving; must be able to overcome challenging situations by finding the win-win solution
- Project management; manage longer-term projects with targeted objectives, milestones and goals
- Strong negotiation skills
- Comfort and proficiency in business applications (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, CRM)
Shift: This is a full time position with frequent local travel. Requires use of personal vehicle to attend meetings throughout the Bay Area.
We offer a complete compensation package, competitive wages and bonus incentive program. Our generous benefit offering includes, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement, 7 holidays and 3 weeks of personal time off, life insurance and long-term disability. Join our GreenLeaf family today by applying now:
The Outside Sales Representative (OSR) is responsible for managing and developing the account sales within their territory. He or she will achieve their goals by acquiring and onboarding new accounts ...